Alona Tropical Beach Resort Bohol, Philippines
While in Panglao we choose to stay at Alona Tropical Beach Resort. We had been doing our research and reading reviews online about the resort, and it outweighs the bad reviews, from the good reviews.
Alona Tropical Beach Resort| is beautiful, so lush and tropical. The grounds were very well kept, the beach was kept clean, and the sand was white, soft and powdery like. The pool area was easily accessible and fun. The pool side suites feature a spacious and fully air-conditioned room, hot and cold shower, mini refrigerator and television, a balcony equipped with table and chair. The beach front suites were wonderful, and it was just heavenly to wake up to the breathtaking view of the sea on our doorstep.
The resort has easy access to the beach and walking distance to shops and restaurants.
The location is amazing at the end of Alona beach, quiet and cozy, and not so many annoying boats parked in front like on the rest of the beach. Spacious and gorgeous beach area, and since the resort is located the west end of Alona it has a little bit of privacy and not too crowded. There are few huts and deck chair in the beach front if you plan to relax and spend the day on the beach.
Note: This post contains affiliate links to products and services we love and recommend. We may receive a small commission if you purchase anything through these links (at no additional cost to you!) Thanks for supporting the blog in this way!
WHERE TO DINE
Alona Tropical Beach Resort has an on-site restaurant, serving a typical Filipino dishes as well as international cuisine with a generous portion. Breakfast was a choice of 3 set menus served in their beachfront restaurant (Filipino, American or continental). Great selection of freshly squeezed juices, tasty homemade meal.
For lunch and dinner, you can either have them in the beachfront restaurant which has a good variety and a musician at night or walk along the beach and eat at one of the restaurants or bars (lots of choices) on the strip.
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
During the day, walk along the beach you can find a lot of tour guides (all Prices negotiable) you can do private or group tours, we did a private.
- Bohol countryside tour (5000php) for the air conditioned van and guide) (tarsiers, chocolate hills, man-made forest, butterfly sanctuary + additional river cruise for lunch 450 php per person).
- Private sea tour which included dolphin-watching which was out of this world and island hopping and snorkeling! (1600 php)
* Make sure to use sunscreen or wear a shirt to avoid being burnt
* There is a grocery store nearby on the beach (shop me- open 24/7) which has diapers, beach stuff, swimsuits, shower supplies, munchies, and alcohol
- For Rest and Relaxation A lot of women providing massages, foot scrubs, manicure and pedicure for good prices, directly on the beach. Every resort has a bunch of women standing on the beach,
Note: When you travel to the Philippines or any tropical countries, be aware that weather can be unpredictable at times. It can be humid and hot and rainy the next day. Insects spray/mosquito repellents should be handy especially when you are outdoor. Also, a weatherproof bag is useful to keep your valuables dry.