A taco is a traditional Mexican dish consisting of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing great versatility and variety. Tacos are generally eaten without utensils, often garnished with salsa, chili pepper, avocado, guacamole, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
Preparation Time : 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 corn, husked
- 6 scallions
Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium poblano chili
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut 1/4 inch dice
- 1 avocado cut 1/4 inch dice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 . 1/2 lbs large shrimp peeled and divined
- 8 corn tortillas
To make the salsa:
- Brush or spray the corn and scallions all over with oil.
- Grill the corn until browned in spots and tender, the scallions until lightly marked, and the chili until black and blister in a spot, over direct medium heat, turning occasionally.
- The corn and chili will take 10-12 minutes and the scallions will take 3-4 minutes.
- Trim the root end off the scallions; finely chop the remaining parts and put them in a medium bowl.
- Cut the kernels off the corn and add them to the bowl.
- When cool enough to handle, peel off the loosened bits of skin from the chili and discard along with the stem; finely chop the remaining parts of the chili and add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining salsa ingredients, including 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
To cook the shrimp:
- Brush or spray the shrimp all over with olive oil and season with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Grill over direct high heat until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center, 2-4 minutes, turning once.
- Grill the tortillas over direct medium heat until warm, 20-60 seconds, turning once.
- Fill the tortillas with salsa and shrimp.
- Serve warm.
7.5’Chinese Chopper – Cleaver – Bone Knife – German Stainless Steel,Non-Slip Design Wenge Wood Handle Best for Home Kitchen or Restaurant,Chopping
$13.45 with code: TIGCMMZG Discount code will expires in 4 days