Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips – An incredibly flavorful, crispy, and absolutely delicious snack!
Yellow squash also known as summer squash, yellow varieties of squash provide numerous health benefits. The vegetable is high in vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. That’s a serious nutritional power-packed veggie.
Yellow squash is also rich in manganese. This mineral helps to boost bone strength and helps the body’s ability to process fats and carbohydrates.
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- Source: Diethood.com
- 4 yellow squash (small to medium), sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray (I use Organic Olive Oil by Pam)
- Serve with Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of squash in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the squash in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray. This will help with achieving a crunchier texture.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven; gently flip over all the slices, lightly spray with cooking oil and bake for 8 more minutes, or until chips are golden brown.
Remove from oven; transfer to a serving plate and serve with a dollop of Non-Fat Plain Yogurt.
TOOYU Fruit Slicer Set of 5, Fruit Knives Set for Watermelon Slicer, Pineapple Corer, Banana Slicer, Avocado Slicer and Orange Peeler – Innovative Kitchen
$8.50 with code: TE72-EP9UBC-8BLPJW
Discount Code will expire in 8 days