Seafood Cajun Jambalaya
Jambalaya is a Louisiana-origin dish of Spanish and French influence, consisting mainly of meat and vegetables mixed with rice.
Preparation Time : 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 75 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped,with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups stock
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, brown chicken in hot oil on both sides; remove and drain.
- Add andouille, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Place rice mixture in a baking dish or oven-proof casserole; top with chicken; cover (can use foil) and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are done and tender.
- Stir in shrimp, parsley, and green onions; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until shrimp curl and turn bright pink and serve.
BGT Kitchen Knives With Color Wood Handle Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set 3.5” Paring Knife 5” Utility Knife 7” & 8” Inch Chef Knife 8” Bread Knife
For limited time get this knife for only $14.10 with code IJRR8DXW free shipping with prime membership.
All prices are subject to change without further notice on all deals. Any discounts or promo codes, if there is any, may expire any time. Thank you and Happy Shopping!