Filipino Beef Stew (Bulalo)
Bulalo is a dish made of beef cooked and boiled until tender. It can be prepared with loads of vegetable found in this recipe or just beef garnished with lots of spices. It is one of those spicy soup that you can’t get enough and perfect for cold weather.
Bulalo is a dish made of beef cooked and boiled until tender. It can be cooked with loads of vegetable found in this recipe or just beef garnished with lots of spices. It is a one of those spicy soup that you can’t get enough of.
Share with Friends and Family!
- 4 medium size cut beef shank
- 1 big onion, diced
- 4 stalks chopped onion leeks
- ¼ cup dried banana blossom
- 1 cob of yellow corn, sliced into 3 or 4 parts
- 1 cup cabbage (optional)
- 1cup pechay (optional)
- 3 string beans (optional)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Patis (fish sauce) to taste
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 2 pieces calamansi or lemon
- 2 pieces hot chili pepper
- Boil the beef shank in a big pot, bring to boil. Throw away the water.
- Boil beef shank once again in medium heat for about 2 hours until beef is tender and broth is flavorful.
- Add water if necessary.
- Add the yellow corn since it takes more time to make it tender
- Add the onions, leeks and banana buds.
- Add salt & pepper and patis as seasoning.
- Serve hot with soy sauce, calamansi, and hot chili pepper.
- You may omit the vegetable ingredients depending on your preference.
This post contains affiliate links to products and services we love and recommend. We may receive a small commission if you purchase anything through these links (at no additional cost to you!) Thanks for supporting the blog in this way!