Filipino Rice Cake/Puto The Easy Way
White King Puto Mix, (Rice Cake Mix) is an easy way of getting the right recipe for making delicious rice cakes. Putong Puti (Steamed Rice Cake) is a popular dessert in the Philippines. It can be eaten on its own, with your favorite cup of hot coffee, tea
Puto With Cheese Toppings
Puto are Filipino steamed rice cakes, traditionally made from slightly fermented rice dough (galapong). It is eaten as is or as an accompaniment to a number of savoury dishes (most notably, dinuguan). Puto is also an umbrella term for various kinds of indigenous steamed cakes, including those made without rice. It is a sub-type of kakanin (rice cakes)
- high grade wheat flour baking powder as a leavening agent milk powder( may contain one or more of the following: whey powder or buttermilk powder), iodized salt mono and diglycerides (E471) as an emulsifier, artificial flavor.
Allergen information: wheat and milk.
Puto can be eaten on its own commonly, but you can also add toppings of your choice: like cheese, butter/margarine, hard-boiled eggs, meat, or freshly grated coconut.
This is just for showing the different toppings or flavor that you can add to your Puto/rice cakes.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter or with margarine.
- Add 1 cup of water to 1pack of puto mix. Blend well for 1 minute using an electric mixer at low speed or with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and mix for 30 seconds. Gradually add 5 tablespoons of cooking oil and continue mixing for another 30 seconds or until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan about 3/4 full.
- Cover the steamer with a cheesecloth and stem it about 30 minutes. Puto is done when the surface is shiny and bounces back when pressed.
- Brush surface with butter or margarine.
- Serving 30g
- Energy 100c
- Fats 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans fat Total Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugars 1g
- Dietary Fibers 1g
- Protein 4g
- Sodium 390mg
- Calcium 5.62mg
- Iron1 .88mg
Share with Friends and Family!
This post contains affiliate links to products and services we love and recommend. We may receive a small commission if you purchase anything through these links (at no additional cost to you!) Thanks for supporting the blog in this way!