Shrimp And Pasta Primavera
Great flavor and very easy to make. I like the fact that this recipe calls for “assorted” fresh veggies. Serve with bread to soak up all the great flavors of the sauce.
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves : 6
- 8oz linguini
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 1/2 cups assorted cut-up vegetables, such as broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red bell pepper strips and peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp.butter
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 1/2 tsp.dill weed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1tsp minced onions
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 1.COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding shrimp and vegetables during the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- MIX remaining ingredients in same saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly with whisk. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes. Add pasta, shrimp and vegetables; toss gently to coat well. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Pasta Primavera; Prepare as directed, omitting shrimp