The holidays are a time to put your best or even your best face forward. The holidays normally involve a sea of party invitations. As we all know, parties are often immortalized by the photos we take when we get together. Everyone wants to look great at events like these. But apart from just looking good, should not your goal stand out from the crowd? You must want to shine and shine and be the belle of the ball. You deserve nothing less. Here are some tips and tricks that will make any partygoer turn heads when you walk by.
1. Makes your eyes pop. As all of them say, the eyes are the windows to the soul. Hence, you should make your eyes a bit brighter tonight. To create the illusion of larger eyes, outline your waterline using a light eyeliner.
2. Take a look at False Eyelashes. Get the look of false eyelashes without the trouble of putting them on. Use your hair dryer to heat your eyelash curler before curling your lashes. This creates longer lasting curls. Another trick to get thicker lashes is to use cotton balls. Use a normal eyebrow brush and brush some of the fibers from a cotton ball. Follow up each stroke of mascara with a brush with fibers. Repeat this cycle a few times for va-va-voom lashes.
3. Get rid of luggage. This trick may sound crazy to some but trust me it works. To entirely hide dark circles under the eyes, use lipstick before your concealer. You can use a small brush to dab some red lipstick under your eyes. You then cover it up with your regular concealer and before you know it, your bag is gone!
4. The perfect sneer. No makeup look is complete without the perfect pout. However, if you aren’t genetically gifted with thick lips then perhaps you should try creating them, or, at least, the illusion. You can do this by lining your lips. Use a lip liner to line your lips barely above your actual lip line. This creates the illusion of thick lips.
5. Stain Remover. Got a big pimple before your big party? No need to worry. You can significantly reduce the size of a pimple and at the same time get rid of the accompanying redness using only ice cubes and eye drops. The first step is to place an ice cube over the zit for a few seconds. You then follow this step by squeezing some eye drops onto the affected area. Eye drops help with inflammation and redness. Just apply concealer and nobody will notice your pimples.
6. Pamper yourself. The best way to look terrific is to start from within. All these tips will be useless if you do not take care of your skin from the start. The night before the party, make sure to pamper yourself with a sheet mask or exfoliating mask. You can finish off this paper session by using a good anti-aging cream like the ones here Bella Temple. It uses the antiaging power of retinol to provide you with youthful looking skin.
7. Use glitter magic. If you truly want to stand out in a crowd and really sparkle, why do not you try experimenting with glitter eyeshadow? This item does get a bad rap because it can get messy and go everywhere. But with the right products, you can look glamorous for a night out. If you are new to this I would suggest using a glitter stick or a cream glitter palette as opposed to loose glitter which can be tricky. Also, remember to use an eyeshadow primer.
With these seven vacation tips and tricks, you are sure to be a star! Maybe you can get up the courage to talk with your boss or even talk to your crush at work. You look great, and the probabilities are endless!
Also watch: 5 Must-Have Items for a Complete Makeup Kit